It was requested quite some time ago that I post pictures of Josh. Sorry it took so long. These are from his friend Reyes's birthday party on Saturday night.
Disclaimer - I was not warned that we were going anywhere, so showed up to Josh's sans makeup and dressed in comfy t-shirt and jeans. We almost didn't go, but kept getting guilt trip texts so we finally gave in and showed up around midnight. So he looks all dapper while I sport the grungy look.

Almost an 'aww' picture, but he blinked.

It was a Mardi Gras theme, and don't worry, they gave those beads out for free at the door. We didn't 'earn' them ;-)
Even though I reeeaaaallly didn't want to go, I did have a good time once we got there. They're a goofy bunch, as all guys tend to be when with their buds, but good guys and always go out of their way to make my goody-goody self feel welcome.
We didn't do anything very Valentine-y, since I'm not a fan and Josh is, well, a guy and therefore was glad to not have crazy expectations to live up to. But he did have roses for me and got a heart-shaped pizza for dinner. He'd probably be mad at me for telling this story, but the reason we were late for the party was Josh insisted we watch Bridges of Madison County, which came on TV that night. He even got sniffly during the sappy parts, which he admitted freely at the party later and of course got some good ribbing over. At least one of us is a romantic.
In other news, I'm still at Massage Envy. We've been pretty busy lately, I hope that lasts a while. It's nice to get paychecks that don't make me feel like crying. Still keeping an eye out for a spa job, but I am more or less content for now.
I'll be moving again in about a month. Downtown is an expensive locale, and I can't afford it any more. My roommate has found herself another apartment and we've put in our notice to vacate. I don't know yet where I'm moving to, still working on that part. There will be plenty of calling around and looking at apartments this week. Quite a few places have lower than usual prices right now, which is good since I'm going to try not having roommates this go-round. Finding a place that's close to work, not too ghetto AND that has washer/dryer hookups is where it gets challenging. I'll be happy when I've saved enough to buy a house or condo and will be able to stay put for a few years. Moving sucks and I'm tired of it.
1 comments:
Moving does suck. I am kind of hoping to never do it again...I have waaaay too much stuff now. Let us know when and we will be happy to help. Or Preston will be happy to help and me and the kids will be happy to get in the way of everyone else.
Post a Comment