I have seen many apartments these last couple of months. I have discovered that the stereotypes about West Valley are really kinda true. I have learned that leasing agents can be a lot like used car salesmen. There have been ghetto apartments I could easily afford, but would fear for my property (and life). There have been some in-between ones I could have lived with, but were pretty far from work, or didn't have hookups for my washer and dryer. There was one truly beautiful complex in a perfect location, with correct hookups, that had advertised reasonable rent. Unfortunately, after they tack on another $200 in monthly fees (that's $200, every month, no exaggeration.), it's not exactly 'reasonable' anymore.
Yesterday on a whim, or out of desperation, I thought I'd try calling the apartments Amanda and I lived in a couple years ago. Good location, nice complex, probably too expensive, but doesn't hurt to try, right? Turned out to be a good decision. They did have one unit that met my requirements, that happened to be on special and therefore in my price range. First thing this morning I went in and filled out the application, and waited all day to be approved. I was mostly sure I would be, but still I didn't want to get too excited until I heard for absolutely sure. Finally got the voicemail at work, and did my happy dance right there in front of everyone. I'm so sick of apartment searching, if I had to start again I probably would have cried. A lot.
I'm still in shock, I'm not often this lucky. One bedroom apartments with full sized hookups are hard to find. I also get a patio, fireplace, and an accent wall painted for free! It's 2nd (top) storey, close to the pool area and fitness center. That fitness center will save me $25/month in gym membership. My commute has been cut in half. It's a good neighborhood, so I can go for runs or ride my bike without being too nervous. Basically, I'm really stinkin' excited!
Too bad before I get to live there, I have to pack, clean my current place, transport all my stuff over there, and unpack it all again. Ugh.
Friday, February 26, 2010
My New Place At My Old Place
Posted by Val at 9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We're excited for you! Too bad you'll be farther away, but we've lived thru that before. . . Love ya!
Post a Comment