BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Un-unemployed

Good news! I'm no longer unemployed! Luckily it didn't take too long, less than 2 weeks since Breathe closed. I'm grateful for this, I was already getting a bit stir-crazy. Days and weeks last a lot longer when there's nowhere to go and nothing to do all day.

After losing a week due to software frustrations, sickness, half-marathon, and printer issues, I finally was able to put my resume into circulation. On Wednesday I drove to the Union Heights Massage Envy, and also dropped one off at the Sugarhouse location. Sugarhouse would have been more convenient, but Union Heights was way faster on the draw. I hadn't even made it home before they called me back. I had gotten through both interviews and been offered a job before Sugarhouse called me in for an interview. I'm not entirely sure I did the right thing in not slowing things down a bit and interviewing with Sugarhouse as well. I was afraid of losing this shot, then where would I be if Sugarhouse didn't want me? Back to square one is where. So, I made the decision. I hope it was the right one, but I'll never know for sure.

Today was orientation, tomorrow I work my first real shift. My schedule is still being hammered out. I'll be working mostly nights, 3-10 P.M., and my days off are not for certain yet. There is a chance I will have Saturdays and Sundays off. I'm hoping this is the option that works out. I would love to have 'normal' weekends for a while! As anyone who works weekends, especially Saturdays, knows you have to miss out on a lot of family gatherings, impromtu trips, etc. If not, my days off will be Fridays and Sundays. Do-able, but not as fun as having 2 days in a row. I guess I'll wait and see and be happy with what they give me. Beggars can't be choosers, right?

So that's where my employment stands for now. There's a 90 day probationary period before I become a full-fledged employee. Hopefully it all works out so I don't have to do the resume/interview thing for a while. It SUCKS! I am going to kind of keep my feelers out for a job in an actual spa, I was very content in my cushy little spa-world and hope to find that again someday. But for now, I'm just happy to have a job! So I'll leave this blog on a positive note, or else I'll start worrying about the fact that my lease is up in December. Isn't being a grown-up fun? :-)

1 comments:

Diane said...

Hey kid! Hope the Envy is working out for ya. I know it's early yet. Good idea to keep the feelers out. Love ya lots.