BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Universe Has Spoken

Ok, I get the hint.

Powers that are larger than myself seem to want me to be right where I am, so I am giving up my attempts to move before my lease is up.

I was up at my parent's house today when my dad told me he'd help me out with my rent for a few months if I stay where I am. It can be treacherous in the winter on the east bench, and the thought of my having to drive on those snowy roads worried him. I was just about to leave for a friend's house and was caught off-guard by the proposal, so told him I'd think about it.

After weighing the choices, I decided to take his offer and stay put at the risk of looking like a huge flake to all the people I keep telling I'm going to move, and then never following through. I called the girl who had shown interest in taking over my lease and told her I'd changed my mind. The call I was really dreading was to my friend I was going to be living with to tell him I was ditching out. I wanted to do it in person and not over the phone, so was resisting calling him all day even after he sent me multiple texts asking to call when I could. I thought if I'm going to alienate or possibly lose a good friend, I could at least let him yell at me in person.

Finally he sent a text saying: "call me asap Val . . . we're not living there anymore"

Huh?

So I called. He told me he'd caught the landlady going through our things under the pretense of looking for duct tape. He'd been suspecting that she was nosing around for a few days now, and was even sure she'd been on his computer at one point. There were some words exchanged and he let her know that we would be moving our things out of the house very soon and not to expect rent next month.

Whoa.

Sometimes life works out in strange ways. I'm not generally a lucky person, so when things fall into place so smoothly and so quickly, and best of all with friendships preserved, I can't help but think it wasn't all simply coincidence. Whatever the reason, I guess I'm where I'm supposed to be for now.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry you don't get to move out, but I am glad things worked out the way they did. And it does snow a LOT up there, you are probably saving yourself a little car :-)

Are you still going to Vegas for Halloween?

Chrystie said...

Weird...I am glad you don't have to have a crazy landlady! That would suck, never to know whether she had been in your stuff while you were at work. Be sure to check that nothing is missing!!

Diane said...

I am obviously at least a week behind in my blog reading. To be honest, I'm glad things worked out the way that they did. Obviously, something good must be in store. Or, at least, something not bad. Wait for it!