BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Swinging Chandelier

Ah. Apartment living. Makes one feel so close to mankind. Or at least to the herd of guys in the apartment above. Not sure what it is they're doing up there every night that causes the chandelier to move like that. But it involves loud music and stomping and jumping that I suppose could be dancing, man-style. I'm guessing Guitar Hero. It's good music, and generally I'm not trying to sleep, although my roommates are probably less than amused since they're both in bed by 10 or 10:30. I actually find it kind of comforting to hear signs of life around me. It makes me giggle to hear them laugh and hoot and holler, so I say "rock on, boys!"

Work is much busier this week, despite further plungings of the stock market. I do double shifts on Thursdays, and today I did as many massages as I usually do in 2-3 days. Tuesday and Wednesday both filled up too, and I know I have another busy day tomorrow, starting off with back-to-back 90 minute deeps. This next paycheck may actually not suck! With the cold weather coming to drive everyone inside, I'm very much hoping to have more weeks like this.

On a more festive note, I did go to a haunted house last Saturday. Well, the Haunted Hollow up in Ogden, strangely enough, and I was tricked into going. I went costume shopping with my friend Kristi and her roommate Sam. Kristi had made plans to meet with her cousins and some of their friends for dinner at The Pie after the Priesthood session. Sam feels much the same way I do about haunted houses, so Kristi chose to omit the fact that we were doing the haunted house thing until we were on our way to dinner. Tricksy. But we both survived, and had a good time. It helped we were in a group of about 14 people. And yes, I made people do the arm-linking thing with me. We now have plans to go to Vegas with one of these cousins and his friendlies for Halloween. Should be fun!

So, guess what? I'm moving. For sure this time. It's kinda far, about 80th south and way east. But close to freeways so it won't take me much longer to get to work. The rent there is over $100 less than it is here, which is my main reason for going. Utilities will also be pretty cheap. It's a basement apartment, so we'll be splitting our half of the costs 3 ways. My friend Brady has already taken care of our first months rent and started moving in yesterday. I have to get my stuff packed and get someone to take over my lease here, which I already have a couple people interested in. Our 3rd roomie, Chelsea, is a student from Southern Utah and will be moved in soon as well. Only problem is, the place already has a washer and dryer. Since more than likely I'll be there less than a year, I don't want to sell mine then have to buy another set in a matter of months. Does anyone have room to store a washer and dryer for 6 months - a year at the most? Or if you know anyone who needs some, I'd even loan them out to a good home as long as I can have them back when needed.

That's it for now. Tune in next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad work has picked up for you, and Vegas for Halloween sounds fun!

When do you think you will be moving?

Chrystie said...

I am glad work is getting busier! I told you, people will get stressed out because of the economy and need massages! You new house is faaaaar! It probably snows a ton up on the bench by the canyon :) Let us know when you need help moving.