Holy crap. I swear I can't get my little ADD mind to focus on this screen long enough to type anything. It's been a looooong day. The more tired I get, the less control I have over my attention span. I kid you not, it's taken me 10 minutes to get this first paragraph written out.
I've got a pretty good excuse, though. At least I think so. Last night I finally went for my long run after scheduling conflicts kept pushing it back. Unfortunately, it was quite a bit later at night than I had planned. I was originally supposed to go 10 miles, which is the most I had ran up to this point. Around 8 miles I was feeling good and thought I'd see if I could make the whole 13.1. Dumbest idea EVER!! Well, I made it to 12 miles before admitting I just had nothing left and couldn't go any more. Unfortunately this left me far away from my car. That was the longest, hardest walk I've ever experienced. For those of you coming to Disneyland, time to draw straws to see who's going to piggy-back me to the room after my run. My legs and feet protested every step. I swear it took me an hour to walk up that one side of the park. I guess this is the infamous "wall" that I've heard about. Probably didn't help that at this point is was nearly 1 A.M., or that I didn't really eat much dinner. I was EXHAUSTED. My stomach even hurt, which has never happened before. So I drug my sorry self back to my apartment. Didn't really eat since I was feeling a little nauseated. I very nearly collapsed in a tired, sweaty, un-toothbrushed heap on my bed and went to sleep then and there. Luckily, hygiene took over long enough to get myself showered and teeth brushed. But then, oh happy day!, I got to lay down. Holding still has never felt soooo very good. I was asleep within 30 seconds. Today I finally made it to the running store before it closed. I got some insoles with extra cushioning and arch support for happier feet and legs, and some energy gel to give my body fuel to burn during these longer runs so I don't hit that wall quite as hard in the future.
I felt much better when I woke up, though tired, and ate an extra big breakfast to make up for not eating last night. I usually function just fine on 5 or 6 hours of sleep, but today I've been dragging. It's Thursday, so I worked a double shift today. I did get a pretty big break, which I was grateful for. That gave me time for lunch, the trip to the running store, and I still had time to kill so stopped in at the Ross store. I found a nice pair of boots for $22, and they actually fit! Our family tends to be lacking in the calves department, so I was surprised. Not sure if this happened to be a skinny legged pair, or if the pain from running has actually paid off some. Either way, I'm now a member of the boot club, and for at least $80 cheaper than I was planning. Woohoo!!
A friend of mine is buying a house and asked if I'd like to be a roommate. I still have A LOT of thinking to do before making a decision, but I am considering it. I went and looked through the place tonight after work. It's much nicer, newer, and bigger than what I was expecting considering I'd be paying about the same in rent as I am now. I think. I'll have to ask if the price included utilities and all that. But if I did take it, I'd basically have the lower floor all to myself. The bedroom I'd be in is about the same size as mine now, and has a window seat. If I cooked, I'd be really excited about the kitchen and it's new and expensive-looking appliances. There is a lot to consider here. It is farther away from work, but not horribly so. Having a yard would be nice, but I know that means yardwork. And yes, there will be snow-shoveling of the driveway when needed. I do have one major concern that I would like to discuss with Mom and Dad before making any decisions.
Sorry, no boy news this week. Jeff is at Lake Powell with his family, we'll see if he calls when he gets back. Still keeping in touch with Kwanki, but haven't yet found a time when we both have a free evening. And holy crap! It has taken me 3 hours to write this thing! Attention spans are for sissies.
'Til next week . .
Thursday, August 21, 2008
wait. . what?
Posted by Val at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are cute. See, I hit my wall at about 2 miles, so you are lightyears ahead of me.
Interesting about the house. It does add some issues - like when you want to move out, but it could be fun. I am happy I don't have to mow a lawn still. Where is it at.
Can't wait for DISNEYLAND!!!
You are funny. Hope there are no walls in your way next weekend!
What did you decide about changing roommates? Take care of yourself this week. I'll piggy-back you. Then Wally and Matt will feel sorry for us both, and take over. Love ya lots.
Post a Comment