BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cravings

Who knew the Travel Channel was so dangerous? Here I am, minding my own business, naively thinking I'd get a little education about some exotic, far-off locale, when BLAMO! They throw on "Food Experts" doing an episode on the best places to get ice cream. I am bombarded by smiling people happily chowing down on various drool-worthy treats, while I am stuck in an ice cream-less apartment. It's too late tonight to do anything about this tonight, but tomorrow I may have to get my fix at the Baskin-Robbins or somewhere. Maybe I can even last til Saturday at the fair, I'm sure there will be ice cream there. And funnel cakes!! Ohhh yeah, I love me some funnel cake. I think I'm hungry again.



Ok, let's see. What did I do this week? I finally saw the new Narnia movie on Monday. Right after I saw Ironman for the 3rd time. Dollar movies are fabulous! It's been a long time since I've read Prince Caspian, so I'm not sure how much liberty they took with the movie. It seemed like a lot of battle scenes for such a short book. Dad would like it, haha. Now I need to re-read it, although I did like the movie. Where did they film it? There was some impressive scenery going by. My guess is New Zealand. There were some mountains that looked LOTR-esque.


The Perseid's meteor shower is going on this month. I didn't know it lasted so long, but when I looked it up it lasts from July 15 to August 25. The peak nights are August 12-13. I didn't see any last night, even up the canyon, but I did see lots of satellites. It seems like when we were little it was pretty rare to see a satellite go by. Now I wonder how they can get anything into orbit without hitting a couple. Is that someones job at NASA? To coordinate launches with satellite traffic? hmmmm . . . Ok, ok. I know you're wondering. I was hanging out with Jeff. But don't go reading too much into things. We are keeping things on a friends level for the foreseeable future.

Also this week I have decided to do some reconfiguring of my training schedule. I was doing my long runs on Saturday. But now that my long runs are, well, long, they take up a big chunk of time on Saturdays that I often don't have. So I've traded my long run and easy run days. Now I'll be doing those long runs on Monday, which is my day off. This makes so much more sense, I don't know why it took me this long to figure it out! Another miscellaneous note: I will be working double shifts on Thursdays for a while. With our abbreviated hours in the summer this will be from 10-7, so not too bad at all. Plus the extra money will be nice to see on future paychecks.

So that's it for this installment. I'm going to find a snack, then its time for bed.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Friend level? What good is that? I haven't seen the Narnia movie, we are waiting for the Red Box. There are no dollar movies here in "Up State" Utah.

And thanks, now I want ice cream too!

Chrystie said...

I think I have seen that ice cream show, or at least part of it...unfortunately I always have ice cream in my house (I get the double churned from Breyers...half the fat, so it hardly even counts, right?)