BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, October 5, 2009

It's fall, but I'm not complaining. Much.

I'm never sure what to put in my blogs. I assume most of my readers are my lovely family who I talk to on a regular basis anyway so mostly I don't want to be redundant. I'm not making any promises that I'll start writing on a regular basis, cuz I've promised that before and it has yet to actually happen. So I'll just do this one blog and see what happens after that.

Summer was fun and went by way too fast, as it does every year. I turned 28 during my very first trip to Lake Powell. I can definitely see how people get addicted to going down there, it's beautiful! I didn't get to try wake boarding like I had planned, but discovered I do have a natural talent at boat lounging.

I ran another half-marathon at Disneyland over Labor Day, and training took up a big chunk of my summer as well. It's a good thing I enjoy it :-) This year my Dad, Amanda, and Matt participated too. It makes it more fun when other people are sharing the same experience. I think I'm making this an annual tradition, anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome! I promise it's much more fun than it sounds.

I'm still working at the spa, and it's still slow. Not sure when this recession thing is supposed to end, but I'll be very glad when it does. Until then I'll try to just be happy that I have a job that pays enough to keep the bills paid and buy me my food I love so much. And occasional clothes and shoes. I seem to be developing a shoe fetish that is kept in check by the fact I can't afford to indulge it very often.

So now it's fall, and I'm trying to not be so whiny about the changing weather. I caught myself complaining and noticed how very ANNOYING I sounded! My whining isn't going to make it any warmer, and I'm not willing to move to a different climate. Therefore, I'm trying this year to take it all in stride and enjoy the changes for once. The key word here is try.

I'm looking forward to Halloween and just finished a playlist for my iPod. Turned out to be 8.1 hours long and 129 songs. Who knew I had such a dark side? Haha. I signed up for a half-marathon in Provo on Halloween morning, and am trying desperately to get my shift covered so I don't have to work afterwards. My costume this year is Lois Lane. I almost feel like it's cheating to have such an easy costume. My date for the evening will be dressed as Clark Kent/Superman (basically business clothes with a superman t-shirt showing through).

And that segues nicely into a whole new subject. It seems I have myself a boyfriend. Still feels weird to use that particular term, though. I usually refer to him by his name, Josh, or as 'the guy I'm seeing', or simply 'my guy', it sounds more natural that way. Boyfriend. Boyyyfriiieeennd. Totally weird.

Yes, this is the same Josh from previous posts. We've been dating for 9-ish months now, which more than doubles my previous record of 4 months for longest-running relationship. He's a cutie, very outgoing and social, and likes me despite my tendency to be shy and socially awkward. Best of all, in the last 9 months he has managed to not tick me off, make me cry, or mess with my head and cause paralyzing insecurity. Something no guy yet has been able to accomplish. I'll tell ya, it's a nice change from previous experience!

So that's it for this blog. Catch y'all later.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hurray! A blog entry. Thanks for the update. Now I feel a little guilty that I haven't updated mine in a while.

Tiffanie said...

Hey, I checked your old blogs and see not pictures of anyone named "Josh." Maybe time for some new pictures???

Diane said...

Ah, the blogging. I myself haven't commited to it, because my life is boring! But I like reading about yours, even if I have heard the story in person. Lots of new stuff in this one! I'm with Tiff on the picture thing. . .

Chrystie said...

Ah yes, a picture would be nice! I, your very sister, still have no idea what this "Josh" looks like. Now that he is your "boyyyfrieeennndd" maybe I can see what he looks like (in person would be better, but I will accept a picture)? Pleeeease?

Val said...

Lol, true, I don't have any pictures of him yet. I'll try to pin him down and take some in the near future.