BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yet another blog

Seriously, this blogging thing is not as easy as you'd think it would be. Several times in the last couple months I've logged on here with the intention of writing something, only to sit staring at the blank screen. I never realized just how uneventful my life is until I tried out this blogging thing. I haven't been anywhere in a while now, so no news there. I have no cute kids to write about or take pictures of. I do have 2 bettas, PrettyBoy and Guillermo. But they're private types and pretty much keep to themselves. They are also paparazzi-adverse and seem to take exception when I flash my camera into their bowls.

So there's just me. My life is (usually) simple and drama-free. This is the way I like it, so I'm a happy kid. The downside to it is boring blogs, or no blogging at all because they would be the most boring blogs of all time. But I guess it's time to write something.

Work is still slow, as it will probably be for a while yet. We seem to be holding steady at least, with occasional dips into uber-slowness that cause everyone to get a bit nervous. There were some rumors circulating about the spa closing, but I'm not putting much stock in them. Things have a tendency to get blown out of proportion by some of the people I work with. So until I hear something from someone in authority, I'm not too worried.

After being a huge slacker all winter, I'm getting back into running. My goal for this year is to graduate to actual RUNNING, instead of the leisurely jogging I have been doing and pretending it was running. There are a couple of girls I see at the park that have these gorgeous, muscular (not manly-muscular, but feminine, shapely-muscular) legs. They traipse on past me like I'm barely moving, and yet they seem as though they are hardly putting forth any effort at all. Plus they have the nerve to look fabulous at the same time! Makes me jealous! So I've made it my goal to become one of them, that I may make other people jealous. (Although I'd settle for improved running times and not quite as stork-like legs. We shall see.)

But I know the major reason people read my blog is for my boy news. Might as well entertain people with my attempts at a dating life, right? At the moment there is Josh, who I met while dancing at a club towards the end of January. I normally have a rule that I never give my number out at clubs, but decided to make an exception since he was easy to talk to and didn't try to "grind" up against me while dancing. (Besides, he was taller than me while I was wearing heels. And pretty darn cute.) He's a good guy and we have fun being total dorks together, but no, it's nothing serious or exclusive.

So, yay for me, I have blogged. I am no longer the biggest bloggie slacker. For a little while, at least.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Yay Val! Thanks for blogging!! And your life IS interesting...you go skiing, you go dancing, you go running anytime you want, you have a job you like where you massage interesting people, you date tall handsome boys! Sounds like a fabulous life to me.

Diane said...

Yay Val, again! Took me 3 days to find out you blogged, but I enjoyed reading it. You are more interesting than you think. You didn't even have to mention your shopping excursions, visits to friends, general apartment drama, or anything. And you have a FABULOUS family!