BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Resolutions, and Honeymoon Dilemma

I'm not usually one to make New Year's Resolutions, but there are some things I seriously need to work on, and perhaps writing them someplace semi-public will help me. So if anyone notices me slipping,  (especially on #1) feel free to call me out.

1 - Turn off TV and/or laptop in time to be in bed by 1 A.M.
      Working til 10 P.M. kinda feeds my nocturnal tendancies. This will be the last time I'm sitting here at 4 A.M. (hopefully) It just isn't healthy. Fun, but not healthy.      

2 - Change Employment Situation.
     Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the job I have.  And until I find a new one ...

3 - Improve current job skills.
     I'm in a rut.  I can do better. And I need more CEUs.

4 - Go to the dentist.
      I know it's totally gross that I haven't been for a while, and I'm worried I'll end up with missing or messed up teeth.  But I don't have dental insurance and dentists ain't cheap.  I need to suck it up and go anyway. And also .. .

 5 - Eat less sugar.
     Sounds silly, but my sweet tooth is becoming a serious problem. 

6 - Renew old friendships/ Make new ones.
     I am totally guilty of something I swore I would never do.  I have let myself get way too socially dependant on my fiance, and let many friendships just kinda fall by the wayside.  Not good.

Speaking of the fiance, we are having trouble deciding what to do for our honeymoon, and times a'wastin'.  Our choices are:

  • The good old SoCal tour - a couple days at Disneyland, Universal, maybe SeaWorld or San Diego Zoo or Magic Mountain (I've always wanted to go to there!)
  • A cruise.  For our time frame and budget, a 4 night Bahama cruise looks to be the best option.
Josh hasn't been to Disneyland since he was little, and has never been on a cruise, so both experiences will be new for him.  I just can't decide which I'd rather do!  I've always wanted to take a boy to Disneyland, holding hands down main street, watching fireworks, etc. But, then I imagine how fun it would be to introduce him to snorkeling and turquoise water and tropical sunsets all the happy that goes with it.
Sigh.
 
I just don't know what to do!  Not that I'm complaining. I wish  I had this kind of dilemma more often!  (Oh, which wonderful place shall I frolic about with this cute guy I love? Woe is me for having to decide!!) I'm kinda leaning towards cruising, he sounds more interested in SoCal.  Any advice?

3 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

CRUISE. Hands down. Of course, I'd go for the 5 to 7 day if you can. (5 is the exact right length if you ask me.) Caribbean cruises out of Fort Lauderdale tend to be the most affordable. And how did I miss the news that you're engaged?!? I must be the worst friend of all time. Congrats!

Amanda said...

You know my opinion is that a cruise is the best! You could probably do a longer cruise out of Long Beach for cheaper since airfare would be so much better. Matt's sister just got back from a 7 day cruise down to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. They had a lot of fun.

Diane said...

If you have any vacation time left, you may be running in the Disney Half Marathon with your Dad in September to get your "coast to coast" medal. That could be the start or the finish of a Southern California trip for youse two.