BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fried Food on a Stick

It just occurred to me I haven't done my blog for this week. That could be because this week has been rather uneventful. Work picked up a bit, I'm hoping that this means our slow season is over. There has been some roommate drama, which is very unusual. (And no, I'm not the cause of any of it.) One of my roommates is, shall we say, less than communicative. Apparently a few things have been bugging her for quite a while, but myself and the other roommate weren't aware of this since she's never said anything. She told us her concerns in an e-mail, which my other roommate took exception to. Oy. I'm sure it will all blow over soon, just girls being girls. So til it does I'll be keeping an even lower-than-usual profile around here.
Yesterday brought up some memories. The History Channel had a couple of shows about September 11. One was told by various photographers who were in the area and illustrated by the pictures they had taken, another was people who had been in the buildings and survived. Tragic, amazing stories. I hadn't even thought about it in such a long time. Seeing those images again . . . I don't think they'll ever completely lose their shock value.
And now back to my trivial little life :-)
I locked my keys in my car. In the bay of a car wash. Again. I was even thinking to myself as I pulled in "don't lock the door, don't lock the door, don't lock the door!" I didn't have a pocket for my keys, so left them on the seat. Dug out some quarters, got out of my car, and . . . locked the door. It's a habit, I do it without even thinking. Also locked in my car was my cell phone, and my purse containing my AAA card. There was a couple on a motorcycle nearby, and they let me use their phone to call my dad to call AAA to save my sorry behind from being stranded at the car wash when I had to be back at work in 45 mins. It all worked out well. A tow trucked pulled up less than 10 minutes later and the nice man only teased me a little while he got my door unlocked. Then it was back to work and business as usual.
After work, it was girls night out at the State Fair. Oh yes, fried food and fun rides!! Actually, I do believe this is the first time I've actually gone on any rides at a fair. The 3 of us pooled our money and got a bunch of tickets. None of us have a problem with motion sickness, even after various deep-fried treats, so we went on all the spinny, roundy-roundy rides we could. We also looked at the pigs, goats, cows, and rabbits. If we had gotten there a bit earlier, we could have seen the "Elvis Extravaganza". Basically, it was a bunch of Elvis impersonators. Isn't that just perfect? Fun night :-)

So that's all there is this time. Catch ya later

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought about going and watching the Elvis thing, but it was too hard to get organized early enough to make it out there. Glad you had fun. But did you see the butter cow? That is the most important part of the State Fair!